Friday, January 22, 2016

Hi. My name is Sheena and I am the mother of two adorable little girls aged 8 and 4. I love my girls, and having them has changed my perspective about a lot of things in this world. In their own sweet way, they teach me a lot of little life lessons. I am so grateful to the Lord for them. 

One of the main areas where they have created an impact is...wait for it... in my spiritual life! Yes! You read right! Having them, and watching them grow has taught me a great deal about the Lord! More and more, as I deal with my girls, I have learnt the "Parent" in our Lord. No wonder we call Him Abba Father. Of course I can never hope to understand Him and His love completely, but I am beginning to have glimpses of it through dealing with my girls. 

One of the very first things I learnt after having my older daughter was that I loved this writhing, cute but bawling baby like crazy and would do almost anything for her! That came as a pretty big shock to me, because I am not the most unselfish of people! The love I felt for her was so different from anything I had felt that far! I wanted to do everything possible for her, keep her from all danger, and just hold her close and never let go! I felt the same about my second daughter too.

And that showed me just how much the Lord loved me...and you...us...all His children. We are His children and He loves us like crazy. He wants to give us everything and more, wants to keep us from all danger and evil, and keep us close to Him at all times. If I, a human being, love my daughter so much, How much more did my Savior, who died for my sins love me!

And the Bible tells us that He loves us with "Agape" or unconditional love. This love was one of the hardest things for me to understand always, but after having my daughter, I began to see how it might feel to love someone like that. 

My love for my daughters is in many ways conditional still, but not so His love! His love is "unconditional" - there are no limits to His love! He loves us no matter what we do or who we are. wrap your brain around that! Many times, as a believer, I have felt that I have to measure up to some invisible standard for Jesus to love me. Many times, I have felt that He simply could not love someone as bad as me. but that's not the way I feel about my daughters. They don't have to do anything to deserve my love! The one and only criteria - they should be my daughters! And that's how God is. The only criteria is that we be His children. And we are! So He loves us! He loves us! The Lord of the universe, the God who created the heavens and the earth, loves us. And we didn't do anything to deserve it! Praise the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment